Connect with us

CRIME AND COURTS

Mnangagwa has always been on my case ever since he snatched my wife, Chihuri says

Published

on

Former ZRP boss Augustine Chuhuri has dropped a bombshell accusing current President ED Mnangagwa for snatching his pregnant wife and persecuting him for the same since the incident happened.

Chihuri is about to lose his USD 32 million wealth through the controversial wealth declaration law enacted in Zimbabwe. He made the revelations through an affidavit filled with the High Court in bid to stop the confiscation of his assets.

The Robert Mugabe era top cop wants the court to set aside the unexplained wealth order it issued against him on June 20.

Justice Felistas Chatukuta granted an application by prosecutor-general Kumbirai Hodzi for an order forcing Chihuri and his wife, Isobel Halima Khan, to explain the source of their wealth in the process of seizing it.

The state claims Chihuri abused his public office to amass wealth during the period he was commissioner general.

Chihuri says his problems with Mnangagwa reached breaking point when he refused to join the coup plotters in November 2017 but chose to be loyal to Mugabe. He however doesn’t mention the part he played in stopping the coup, including the failure to arrest then army general Constantino Chiwenga at Robert Mugabe International Airport two weeks before the coup.

Chuhuri claims that Mnangagwa has always been on his case ever since he snatched his wife during the liberation struggle.

He further went on to claim that Mnangagwa vowed to make his life ‘hell’ as long as he lived starting from the liberation struggle incident.

Cihuri says he was married the Zanu way in a ceremony officiated by then political commissar Mayor Urimbo (late), around 1976 and his wife fell pregnant the following year.

“The current president of Zimbabwe, Mr Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa, was aware of this union and pregnancy. Using his position, my then wife was transferred to Shai Shai in Mozambique where Mr Mnangagwa had a forced affair with her as she alleged,” he wrote in the affidavit.

“I tried to terminate the marriage, but the political commissar threatened me not to dare to do it, citing that Mr Mnangagwa [as he then was] is a dangerous man and would behead me as he was not hesitant to kill.”

Chihuri said Urimbo told him: “Do not gamble with your life, dear comrade.”

“From then my relationship with the president of Zimbabwe worsened. He went on to suggest that my then wife terminate the pregnancy,” he said.

“God was on my side, it was tried and it failed.

“The late Cde Serbia, who was working under Mr Mnangagwa in the security department, told me about the termination of the pregnancy and that Mr Mnangagwa vowed that as long as he lived, I shall pay for not giving up on my then wife to him.

“Cde Serbia warned me again to keep quiet or else I would perish and never see the light of day.”

Chihuri said the dispute between the two has since been turned into a “national spectacle for the purpose of victimisation.”

“One can clearly see how the public media in the country has been reporting about me and my family, wife and children that we have been targeted for annihilation,” he said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

CRIME AND COURTS

Fraudster arrested after swipping for $390 000 groceries

Published

on

A fraudster has been arrested after he swiped for groceries worth more than $398 000 at OK Supermarket in Hwange using a bank card that had been tampered with.

The man, Brian Pedzisa of Chitungwiza, was arrested on Thursday and is suspected to be among a gang of people who have been using cloned cards and other bank card related tactics to con various retail shops across the country.

Detectives on Thursday pounced on Pedzisa at the supermarket, moments after he was about to get out after swiping for groceries worth $396 384.

Matabeleland North provincial police spokesperson Inspector Glory Banda confirmed the incident and said police were now looking for two other people linked to the sca

“On 10 June 2021 a gang of three fraudsters tried to defraud OK Hwange Supermarket of groceries worth $396 384.

One of the fraudsters successfully used an electronic Visa card to make purchases but before he could make off he was arrested by a team of watchful detectives who were working on a tip-off. Upon being interviewed the suspect revealed that he was working with two other accomplices who are still at large,” said Insp Banda.

He said the gang had used the same strategy to defraud OK Mart Victoria Falls of an undisclosed amount in groceries. He appealed to members of the public to assist with information leading to their arrest.

“The two accomplices are on the run anyone with information that could lead to the arrest of these two criminals can report at the nearest police station,” said Insp Banda.

He called on shop owners to enhance security to avoid such incidents which were on the rise in the country.

“As police we would like to implore shop owners to enhance security at their premises through use of alarm systems and Closed Circuit Television. Retailers should examine electronic cards and do necessary verifications before processing of electronic transactions. For the record some fraudsters misrepresent themselves as humanitarian workers.”

According to sources privy to the incident, the gang would approach the supermarkets seeking a quotation for groceries pretending that the transaction wanted would be effected from a nostro account. Later one of the gang members would return to make purchases using a Visa card whose microchip would have been tampered with. Sunday News

Continue Reading

CRIME AND COURTS

BREAKING : Former Studio 263 actress Anne Nhira dies in SA

Published

on


Former Studio 263 actress Anne Nhira who acted as Vimbai Jari in the soap has died.

She was 38 years old.

Her brother Juan Nhira confirmed the news.

“She sustained injuries on her chest area, rib cage and back during a robbery on Monday afternoon in Bedford view South Africa. She was only 38 years of age,” he said.

Juan said her funeral arrangements will be announced in due course. Rest in peace Anne.

Continue Reading

CRIME AND COURTS

Watch: Chivhu mother beheads her four children sets house on fire

Published

on

Video footage has emerged after a Chivhu mother allegedly beheaded her four children before setting the family house on fire.

Police said on Twitter, “The woman then surrendered herself to the Police.”

National Police Spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi said he was not in a position to give further details as the case was in it’s infancy.

“Our police officers are still attending the crime scene,” he said.

The incident occurred in Highview suburb in Chivhu which is about 146km from Harare.

The woman’s name and age could not be immediately established.

Meanwhile, videos of the multiple murder scene have surfaced online.

Watch the video below;

Scene of the horrific Chivhu children murder

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2021 I ZIM. For Zimbabweans By Zimbabweans